Feature Phone Terminal (Generic)
This product offers banks and payment service providers with a means to enable underbanked payments for their customers at scale. The solution was specifically designed to make it possible for street vendors to use a Feature Phone as a terminal to accept QR Code payments from customers with Feature Phones.
1) No installation is required since the application/s are hosted on a remote terminal.
2) 65 3135 1231 represents the Merchant Terminal (Acquiring Bank).
3) 65 3135 1321 represents the Customer Bank (Issuing Bank).
1) Dial 65 3135 1231 to simulate the Merchant Handset and enter the payment due (for example 22# to represent $22), upon which the remote server will begin transmitting the related QR Code Sound File.
2) Dial 65 3135 1321 to simulate the Customer Handset and hold it near the Merchant Handset.
3) Wait for the Merchant Handset and the Customer Handset to receive their respective text-based transaction receipt messages.
1) The use of 3rd party Voice and SMS channels for the demo can impact the quality of the experience.
2) Although DIALR solutions have near instant transaction response times (1-2 seconds), the physical distance between testing parties and DIALR test servers can cause increased latency of up to 6 seconds.